Whatı̀ GVW & Night Time Travel
Please be advised the Whatı̀ Winter Road is now open to 46,500 kilograms.
Please be advised that due to very warm weather forecasted throughout the Tłı̨chǫ Region, all Tłı̨chǫ Winter Roads are restricted to Night Travel only. Traffic will not be permitted during day time hours and vehicles may only travel between 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM. The Fuel Resupply to Whatı̀ is anticipated to start on Friday evening. Please watch for large commercial trucks between Edzo and Whatı̀.
The Winter Road to Whatı̀ is open to 46,500 kilograms GVW;
- Watch for Overflow at Km’s 2.3, 5.0, and Km 6.5 on Marian Lake.
- Watch for a pressure ridge at Km 11 on Marian Lake.
- Watch for equipment working clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
The Winter Road to Gamètì̀ is open to 40,000 kilograms GVW;
- Watch for equipment working between Whatı̀ and Gamètì clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
The Winter Road to Wekweètì is open to 17,500 kilograms GVW;
- Please watch for Single Lane traffic on the portage South of Basler Lake.
- Please watch for a pressure ridge on Basler Lake.
- Please watch for equipment working and flooding operations on the north end of Basler Lake.
- Watch for narrow areas and equipment working clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
Please monitor the DOT website for updates.
Important updates are also on GNWT DOT Twitter: @GNWT_DOT.